• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 01:26 PM

It's worked for every other game so far, so I'll start the Game Three thread off with a mention of Todd Bertuzzi. He's a game-time decision this time around. I still think he's ready to go but Babcock is worried about screwing with a lineup that's been working.

#2 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 07:26 PM

this is a tough decision for Babcock, sure Bertuzzi adds grit but he will step in cold due to injury, the current line is hot (excluding Lang). Maybe try it out and if it doesnt work then add him to the 3rd line with Draper and Maltby (one killer grind line).
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:09 PM

Bertuzzi is in, Hudler is out.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:24 PM

After a couple minutes... Flames are playing stronger than they did in the first two games. I'd love to see them get worn down quick but that home crowd has to be energizing.

#5 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:33 PM

Well, Midway 1st period. WINGS managed to p*ss away over 6 full minutes of power play time, with at least one possible short handed goal by CONROY .... I'm not impressed yet.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:43 PM

Absolutely not impressed by the Wings yet.

Hope Rhett Warriner is okay, though. Didn't look as bad as the last time a player took a puck to the eye in a playoff series between these two teams.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:50 PM

Guess that puck was to the nose, not eye. Good deal.

Not a great period for the Wings but, like Mickey's saying, they survived and that was pretty good.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:23 PM

Gah! Draper still can't finish!

#9 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:24 PM

HOW in the hell does DRAPER "MISS" the net on a shot from 10 feet out????? He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn .... :P

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:27 PM

Remember how I said back in December that I was going to pitch a fit every time a Wings opponent scored while in the Detroit crease? Yeah, I love variable rulebooks.

#11 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:31 PM

Remember how I said back in December that I was going to pitch a fit every time a Wings opponent scored while in the Detroit crease? Yeah, I love variable rulebooks.

The problem I had with the Calgary goal was how they managed to RUSH thru the WING D ... When are the WINGS going try that tactic???? I see guys like CALDER, SAMUELSON, even Big ROBERT LANG being "pushed" off the puck, or in the case of LANG, Simply giving the puck away.

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:32 PM

:P

Wings are on the board!

#13 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:35 PM

Well .... every time I start bitching about the WINGS, they manage to come back within minutes to scores. KUDOS to DRAPER ... he managed to REDEEM himself somewhat ... after MISSING the, AGAIN, with a wide open, no obstruction, shot from 10 feet out ...

#14 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:41 PM

Well .... every time I start bitching about the WINGS, they manage to come back within minutes to scores. KUDOS to DRAPER ... he managed to REDEEM himself somewhat ... after MISSING the, AGAIN, with a wide open, no obstruction, shot from 10 feet out ...

Well after that last gaff by the WINGS, who made a DUMB line change, giving the FLAMES a 2 on 1, ALMOST a clear break - away - THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T SCORE --- I'm ready to turn the frickin TV OFF ... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE -- I'll Go to the Fricken RADIO ! :P :P

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:45 PM

Hey YZERFAN ... what are trying to do? NOT JINX the WINGS by CHANGING the dates of their games this series to 4 for APRIL as opposed to 3 for MARCH ...lol .... Yeah right, don't change things now ... :P

#16 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hey YZERFAN ... what are trying to do? NOT JINX the WINGS by CHANGING the dates of their games this series to 4 for APRIL as opposed to 3 for MARCH ...lol .... Yeah right, don't change things now ... :P

Well, maybe I should ask .... It is APRIL this month, NOT MARCH, right??!?!?!?! :P

#17 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:49 PM

HA! I hadn't noticed the date problems. I'm not changing anything until after this game, if they win, I'm considering it a good luck charm and keeping up with it. :P

Much better overall period. Unfortunately, it was better for Calgary too. Anyone else feel like it took about forever?

Lets see if Cheli can put a shot like that on net next time. :P

#18 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 10:58 PM

HA! I hadn't noticed the date problems. I'm not changing anything until after this game, if they win, I'm considering it a good luck charm and keeping up with it. :P

Much better overall period. Unfortunately, it was better for Calgary too. Anyone else feel like it took about forever?

Lets see if Cheli can put a shot like that on net next time. :P

Right, maybe my expectations are a bit too high. After all they are playing on the Road in the Saddle-Dome, but that said, the WINGS really haven't had many opportunities after 40 minutes of play ... NOT sure what to "blame" it on yet, except to say, I would like to see them RUSH the net more on the attack thru the neutral zone, into the FLAME zone.

#19 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 11:13 PM

Holy sh*t! That was huge!

That's going on the site. Cleary came up real big there, Draper continues to make up for not being able to finish earlier.

#20 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 17, 2007 - 11:13 PM

NOW THAT HIT BY CLEARY IS WHAT I LOVE TO SEE --- GREAT HIT! looooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee IT~!!!! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?