• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 05:20 PM

The Wings get a chance to snap their skid against the Western Conference's third-best team. Detroit still holds a one-point lead over Anaheim so the Ducks can leapfrog over them with a win but a Wings win gets them tied back up with Nashville on top of the division and the conference.

Detroit will be without Brett Lebda, out with a concussion after the, umm... "controversial" hit by Ville Nieminen on Saturday. He'll be replaced by Andreas Lilja.

Before the game, USA Hockey will honor Chris Chelios for becoming the all-time leader in games played among American players.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 06:46 PM

Pretty good first period, Wings controlled the first half and weathered the storm in the second half. Then we've got a bit of a scrum after the horn. Lilja's not a fighter and it showed but it was fun.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 07:44 PM

Wings still looking good. Big goal off the faceoff, glad to see Homer's not out for long.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 08:36 PM

And the Wings hold on to get the win. They're now tied for the NHL lead in points with Nashville but the Preds still have the lead in wins. Nashville hosts Edmonton in the second half of a home-and-home tomorrow and the Red Wings head there on Thursday.

Solid, solid play all around. Reminded me of one of the early-season defense-first wins that the Wings were getting.

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 08:43 PM

What a night! A shutout and Chelly is honoured! What else can you ask for!
Posted Image

#6 WingsFan19

WingsFan19

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 10:18 PM

Correct me if I am wrong....if Detroit and Nashville are tied in points at the end of the season, doesn't Detroit have the tiebreaker? I know that on the current standings it is just most wins but I could of swore that it is most points obtained head-to-head.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 26, 2007 - 10:22 PM

:flagusa:

The first tiebreaker is wins and the second is points in head-to-head competition. If the teams end up with both the same number of points and the same number of wins (which I personally think is unlikely but isn't impossible), the Red Wings will take the division as (no matter the finish on Thursday) they've taken more points against Nashville than Nashville has against Detroit. If the playoffs were to start today, Nashville would get the #1 spot because they have more wins.

#8 Creamer

Creamer

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted March 27, 2007 - 01:28 AM

Expert panel question from TSN prior to the game:
"Do you think Detroit wants to get to the #1 spot or would they prefer #4?"

Guess what the answer was.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,151 posts

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:18 AM

Expert panel question from TSN prior to the game:
"Do you think Detroit wants to get to the #1 spot or would they prefer #4?"

Guess what the answer was.

Lots of talk about whether they would prefer to come into the playoffs as the underdog. Not something I believe at all but looking at the current standings, it could make for a potentially easier playoff run.

#10 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted March 27, 2007 - 10:29 AM

Can anyone tell me why Schneider has a Black eye? And what was up with Lilja dropping the gloves last night? He looked like a real fighter for about five seconds! Six games left and twelve points up for grabs, I don't think we need first place on this one
Posted Image

#11 mievl

mievl

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted March 30, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Can anyone tell me why Schneider has a Black eye? And what was up with Lilja dropping the gloves last night? He looked like a real fighter for about five seconds! Six games left and twelve points up for grabs, I don't think we need first place on this one

as funny as it sounds, lilja used to be a guy who woul dfight more often. he has taken on a couple tough guys i believe it was either godard or cairns for the islanders, and he has fought corson as well and did pretty good. what you saw against moen was a guy who hasnt fought in a real long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?