• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 07:58 AM

The Wings get another chance to leapfrog over Nashville and I'm gonna miss it. Game time is 2:00 and I'll be at a wedding, since the game's not on FSN my cable box doesn't even show it as being broadcast in Lansing. I'm gonna be so p*ssed if my guess of the channel it's on is wrong.

#2 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 12:59 PM

I don't see this game as being televised by any of the networks. I've checked my Comcast cable listings in the Flint area.

#3 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:16 PM

Ooops .... its televised on cable Fox WJBK ..... Go WINGS! :suspect:

#4 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:32 PM

This is f*cking bullsh*t.........every time we play this team (St.Louis), they try to hurt players because they are out of ther playoffs. I wish Chelios would've shown his old self and beat the living sh*t out of the Nieminen!!

I hope Brett is OK! He looked like he could be injured badly. Detroit needed a tough guy and didn't go and get one! I'm so fnnn p*ssed right now! What the F*CK!!!

Kick their asses Wings! :suspect:
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#5 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:37 PM

What I hate to see from Detroit is that they have taken their foot off of the gas pedal trying to preserve something for the playoffs! One thing though.... It doesn't f*cking work. Get back to the basics, play some kick ass hockey and play one game at a time! Where in the F*CK is the coach!

Come on Babcock, do what you need to do, put the fire on their asses! PLEASE!! :suspect:

Go Wings.
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#6 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:38 PM

I see how Dropper feels about the hit, but what about the rest of you?

IMO, that was no different than the checks you see 10+ times a game. MAYBE it was a 2 minute boarding call.

But Lebda turned at the last minute and put himself in a vulnerable position.

This is another case of the punishment being based on the injury results.

Honestly, look at the hit (NOT the aftermath) and tell me that deserves a five minute major and a game misconduct.

If you can, I'll accept that we both just have our team allegiences and the truth is somewhere in between.

I just hate to see a good guy (I don't know his style of play because he hasn't been here long, but he seems to have a glowing personality) like Ville Niemenen get labled dirty for a hit that resembles so many others that get no notice at all.

#7 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Are you kidding me? Where is the D! Man, this looks like another blowout on the tire of this team. Truly I love my Wings, but damn, where is the heart in this team!

Rough, this is rough!

Go Wings.

#8 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Blues broadcast reports that Ledba is being taken to Detroit Medical Center, but is awake, alert, and fine. He does have a concussion.

Assuming the concussion doesn't leave lingering effects, that's good news.

#9 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:42 PM

IMO, that was no different than the checks you see 10+ times a game. MAYBE it was a 2 minute boarding call.

Honestly, look at the hit (NOT the aftermath) and tell me that deserves a five minute major and a game misconduct.

If you can, I'll accept that we both just have our team allegiences and the truth is somewhere in between.

I just hate to see a good guy (I don't know his style of play because he hasn't been here long, but he seems to have a glowing personality) like Ville Niemenen get labled dirty for a hit that resembles so many others that get no notice at all.

Get F*cked you joke. If I could see you face to face, you would never forget me. As well, go to your website and post your whimsy, who gives a sh*t beliefs. Your team has nothing and has had nothing and will have nothing.

#10 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:47 PM

Get F*cked you joke. If I could see you face to face, you would never forget me. As well, go to your website and post your whimsy, who gives a sh*t beliefs. Your team has nothing and has had nothing and will have nothing.

Unreal.

The only part I'll respond to is the insults to my team. We're working on beating you for the third straight time. We've been a force since Murray took over, and we're prepped to be a force all year next year.

#11 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Unreal.

The only part I'll respond to is the insults to my team. We're working on beating you for the third straight time. We've been a force since Murray took over, and we're prepped to be a force all year next year.

#12 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:55 PM

When a team (St. Louis) has nothing to lose and has had nothing to lose since the beginning of the year, you can only talk about what you might have next year. Until then, keep the trap shut and don't stick up for your dirty players (Niemenen), as we all know he is and has been a long time.

Detroit will rock in the playoffs, so go and play some Golf with your buddies.

Go Wings

#13 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:06 PM

I'm just so p*ssed right now. Lebda is one of our best D-Men and that slug of a player knows this. Give the guy 5minutes and a game misconduct... doesn't sit well with me. Clearly a cheap shot and we all know it. High elbow and full check, yeah that was an accident.

Another thing? Why is this jackass from STL coming into our forum and put his smack on what is clearly dishonest. What a lousy person to do such.

Go Wings.

#14 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:17 PM

I haven't spoken a word of smack, nor said anything that would make me the names you've labled me.

First off, I've been here before and know Yzer from another board. I was here for a previous Wings game, invited to stick around and talk hockey. I decided I'd come back for Blues-Wings games.

I disagreed with the play, but obviously I'm a Blues fan. I wanted to see what the Wings fans felt. All I've gotten is your opinion. You strongly disagree with me, but you've done so in a way that doesn't leave me valuing your opinion much.

And I'd honestly hope I Wings fans would be intelligent enough to understand that I can take strong pride in my team at all points in the year, regardless of whether we'll be advancing to the playoffs--especially when the team has played at such a high level for such an extended period of time. Yes, I'm forced to look to next year, but there's no reaon I shouldn't be allowed to be excited about next year.

I (and I never thought this would happen) was actually hoping the Wings would end up ahead of the Nashville because I'm tired of the sudden attitude the Predators fans have developed. But maybe some Wings fans still have the same one.

#15 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Well, we certainly don't want to lose you as a forum member then do we? Let's be real for a minute STL fan. When Detroit faced Calgary in the playoffs a couple of years back, Niemenen was a member of that team. He was one of the dirtiest players in that entire series. High sticking Yzerman, crosschecking from behind whenever possible, and overall a dirty playing menace during the entire series. I remember wanting the league to take action against that F*CK, but did not. So, when you tell me you know all about your so called intelligent, decent and overall outstanding player like him, I'm calling you on your lack of knowledge of the game, and overall self respect to be in this forum with sh*t spilling out of yer mouth.

So, in short........ Get F*CKED Jackass! You don't know sh*t.

Go Wings.

#16 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:36 PM

Well, we certainly don't want to lose you as a forum member then do we? Let's be real for a minute STL fan. When Detroit faced Calgary in the playoffs a couple of years back, Niemenen was a member of that team. He was one of the dirtiest players in that entire series. High sticking Yzerman, crosschecking from behind whenever possible, and overall a dirty playing menace during the entire series. I remember wanting the league to take action against that F*CK, but did not. So, when you tell me you know all about your so called intelligent, decent and overall outstanding player like him, I'm calling you on your lack of knowledge of the game, and overall self respect to be in this forum with sh*t spilling out of yer mouth.

So, in short........ Get F*CKED Jackass! You don't know sh*t.

Go Wings.

I actually told you I know very little about his style of play, only his personality. I'll take your observations into account now.

Doesn't change the fact that I don't see the play in question to have been dirty at all.

You however are terrible at communicating with fans of other teams, and continue to devalue your opinions with your unnecessary namecalling.

#17 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:48 PM

:suspect: I'm a power forward, what else is there for ya. God does love you though. Beat it!

#18 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 03:00 PM

After the second, we looked a little more competitive. Bertuzzi getting in the mix pretty good too. Hopefully we can find the net a few times in the 3rd period. I though I saw some vintage #44 getting into the groove today, so this period should be pretty interesting in that regard if all else fails, like the past few games considering.

Go Wings!

#19 STL FANATIC

STL FANATIC

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Just thought I'd add that the Blues broadcast just reported (I'm 99% sure I heard right) that Niemenen went to the hospital to check on Lebda.

Perhaps his style of play isn't one you respect, but I'm telling you, his off ice personality is one of much class.

#20 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 24, 2007 - 03:36 PM

Just thought I'd add that the Blues broadcast just reported (I'm 99% sure I heard right) that Niemenen went to the hospital to check on Lebda.

Perhaps his style of play isn't one you respect, but I'm telling you, his off ice personality is one of much class.

Perhaps he doesn't want the league to review his hit on Lebda. My other question is this; Does he go to see Lebda after the game if he is not penalized for the rest of the game? No one can say for sure what he is doing, but the actions were clear to see. Back to the bottom line is the truth of the tale, he made it clear that he went to the hospital.

If I'm generally sorry and don't care what people think, I'm quiet in my visit and ask that no one know. As far as class, well he didn't come over to dinner last night! You must have him over often.

And I have the feed from St. Louis unfortunately, so I hear what you have been hearing. No need to repeat it for your own personal satisfaction.

Go Wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?