14 replies to this topic

#1 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi All,

In an earlier post regarding the Nashville Predators, I commented on how the Preds would eventually fade. This is the case with the Colorado Avalanche. The team had its time in the spotlight, while gaining notoriety with the help of the Wings, but to no long lasting stamina. They have faded, while the Wings continue to rebuild and restructure unconditionally.

I hope to see the Wings prove this point today without looking back. Wings will smite this team and move on to where we belong......... the Stanley Cup. :rolleyes: HOCKEYTOWN BABY!

Let me hear ya!!

GO WINGS!!
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#2 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 12:56 PM

I completely agree, I think in the next few years, the predators will begin to drop in skill level. Expansion teams usually dont hold up a solid team. The Red Wings are an extremely deep team, their skill goes all the way down into the Griffins team. Everyone in their system has a good amount of skill, this isnt the case for many other teams. Detroit is similar to the Montreal Canadiens back when they were amazing. I think Detroit will always be one of those teams that has good skill. It will be a LONG time until the Dead Things come back. As long as Ken Holland is GM, we will be a solid team.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#3 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 01:07 PM

Finally the Refs call in favor of Detroit. Actually had to hog tie Schneider in order to get a call!

You said it too, the history in Detroit is deep, as well as the farm teams. :rolleyes:

Go Wings.

Penalty SHot!!! Yeah baby..go Holmstrom!
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 01:12 PM

If Homer had gotten it a little higher...

I've been watching this on mute since Catmandu has been on the phone and it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything. Says something about the quality of the national broadcasts.

#5 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 01:29 PM

If Homer had gotten it a little higher...

I've been watching this on mute since Catmandu has been on the phone and it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything. Says something about the quality of the national broadcasts.

Yeah, he was a little weak there, but that same thing happened to me yesterday. So, I can't say as I blame him, after all, he is a professional, unlike my sorry hockey playin ass.

I know that NBC is broadcasting in Hi-Def, and it is very sharp, so I can't say too much about the feed. :rolleyes:

that was close!

Go Wings.

#6 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 01:53 PM

Wow, two quick ones! Here's hoping Detroit can come alive today...sheesh what luck!

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 02:45 PM

Obligatory ref bashing... Calder gets knocked down away from the puck, then gets a stick stuck in his helmet, no call. Then the ref breaks up a Detroit pass in the Colorado zone. Way to be neutral.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:03 PM

Take the damn pass away, Lebda! Jesus, what were you thinking?

#9 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:12 PM

wings lose in OT, good comeback to say the least. Great initial save on the OT goal by osgood, where was the defense to take away the second shot which happened to go in. Good job Defense! way to give them a goal!

#10 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:27 PM

Despite the OT loss, I was pleased to see the extra EFFORT by the Franzen/Draper/Maltby line. Its PLAYOFF Hockey from here on out. The WINGS can expect their opponents to come out like the AVALANCHE did every game now from here on out! Great come back by the Wings. There were a lot of near goals. Both teams looked DETERMINED, particularly the AVALANCHE, especially early in the game. :rolleyes:

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, definitely glad to see the Wings kick it up after their slow start. I didn't realize until the recap that the Wings only got one power play the whole game (two, if you count the missed penalty shot, which I guess should count). They nearly overcame that.

#12 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:46 PM

wings lose in OT, good comeback to say the least. Great initial save on the OT goal by osgood, where was the defense to take away the second shot which happened to go in. Good job Defense! way to give them a goal!

Ah HAH!! See choyer, earlier today I read one of your posts that included a statement like, "we don't have a problem on D....," but in fact have some lulls that seems to bite us in the ass once or twice a game. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with the majority on this one though, we did play hard, but Colorado is looking for a playoff spot. Sometimes you get lucky, and certainly this looked like one of those days for them.

Go Wings.

#13 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 04:38 PM

haha yeah my statements do seem a little contradicting. However, I dont think we have a Defensive player problem, its that they are having mental problems. Someone got caught pinching and it formed an instant 2 on 1. Then, nobody thinks of the rebound shot because they think ozzy has it. I think they need to put in a little more effort, I dont think they need any new players.

#14 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 05:39 PM

haha yeah my statements do seem a little contradicting. However, I dont think we have a Defensive player problem, its that they are having mental problems. Someone got caught pinching and it formed an instant 2 on 1. Then, nobody thinks of the rebound shot because they think ozzy has it. I think they need to put in a little more effort, I dont think they need any new players.

I hear ya man, I'm just bustin on ya. We're all Wings fans here, and I knew I might drum up some action with ya.

So, in light of the recent events, you say we need better support and overall mental stability on the D. I couldn't agree more! :rolleyes:

Go Wings.

#15 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted March 04, 2007 - 08:35 PM

One positve thing we can say at this point is that despite the injuries and calling up the back-up squad, we can go out there and compete just like we can with no injuries. I just hope that we have not lost Dom for the rest of the season.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?