• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:13 PM

I meant to post this before the game and since there's no thread yet and I'm catching it on DVR, I'll go ahead like it hasn't already started...

Well, it'll be an odd Detroit lineup on the ice in Chicago tonight. Zetterberg is out but expected back on Friday for the back end of this series. Cleary is still out (2-4 weeks). Chelios has the night off. Calder will be making his first appearance as a Wing, against the team he broke into the league with, while Williams will likely be making his Chicago debut. Ellis is still up to cover for Cleary, Hussey is up to cover for Zetterberg.

#2 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:30 PM

I meant to post this before the game and since there's no thread yet and I'm catching it on DVR, I'll go ahead like it hasn't already started...

Well, it'll be an odd Detroit lineup on the ice in Chicago tonight. Zetterberg is out but expected back on Friday for the back end of this series. Cleary is still out (2-4 weeks). Chelios has the night off. Calder will be making his first appearance as a Wing, against the team he broke into the league with, while Williams will likely be making his Chicago debut. Ellis is still up to cover for Cleary, Hussey is up to cover for Zetterberg.

You're the man YzerFan19!

Yesterday you called it, "Calder's stats are quite a bit worse this year but I remember liking him when he was with Chicago," scores the first one tonight.

Detroit looks pretty good so far, but we still have a lull on D side sometimes. I'm wondering if Mike is going to start mixing up pairs to get better pairing performance before long?

Go Wings.
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:03 PM

I didn't say it here, but I also called Calder scoring on his first shift in a conversation with CoffeyCreamer77 earlier today. I linked him to the video of Cory Cross scoring on his first shift and said Calder would do the same thing. :D

Great tough goal by Homer to go up 2-0. For such an odd lineup, the Wings are playing fairly well, but it is against Chicago.

WHAT A GOAL BY FRANZEN! Holy hell!

#4 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:09 PM

I didn't say it here, but I also called Calder scoring on his first shift in a conversation with CoffeyCreamer77 earlier today. I linked him to the video of Cory Cross scoring on his first shift and said Calder would do the same thing. :D

Great tough goal by Homer to go up 2-0. For such an odd lineup, the Wings are playing fairly well, but it is against Chicago.

WHAT A GOAL BY FRANZEN! Holy hell!

And another point for the Calder Boy!! 3-0, the hardest lead to keep in the new NHL they say... :D

Go Wings.
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:21 PM

Random thoughts through two...

The obvious one, Calder is paying dividends already. Filppula looks good getting the extra minutes in Zetterberg's spot with Pavs and Homer. Dom's been pretty solid, seems to be keeping himself to the crease better.

And Glove_Dropper, just so you know (in case you don't), you can reply to a thread without quoting someone by using the "Reply" button at the top and bottom of the page. Not a problem by me but I think I've only seen you quote people so I didn't know if you knew that.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:33 PM

Mickey's dumbfounded by the penalties to Lebda. Can't say I entirely disagree.

#7 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:36 PM

Mickey's dumbfounded by the penalties to Lebda. Can't say I entirely disagree.

All I can say is :D it's CHIPPY tonight..... I LIKE IT!!!

About time we get some gritty play going. Go get'em DETROIT!!!! Go Hudler!!

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:40 PM

Holmstrom makes sure his line's production stays up even with Zetterberg out. Doesn't want to be overshadowed by Calder. :D

#9 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:42 PM

Holmstrom makes sure his line's production stays up even with Zetterberg out. Doesn't want to be overshadowed by Calder. :D

Man, really good feel tonight for the Wings. A little tough play and some dirty goals, that is the winning ticket...Whoo HOOO!!

Go Wings.

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:55 PM

Dom loses the shutout, but the win is more important anyway.

#11 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:40 PM

Was he at center ice when he blew the shutout?
Posted Image

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:48 PM

:D

No, he was in the crease. Only really came out once, at the end of the first, and that one worked out.

#13 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:53 PM

Just checking, we all know how he gets when he is bored! I've seen him skate off to BS with one of his boys on the bench during 5 on 3's
Posted Image

#14 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:13 PM

Talk about good positioning by Calder. I guess they were right when they say he isnt afraid to go into rough spots and go after the puck. What a great play on his part, as well as Franzen to get it to him. As of last night, I would say that was a good trade. Now all we have left to wait for is Bertuzzi's debut.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#15 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:39 PM

Here's the thing, I was wondering why this site was initiating a "Quote" when I'm selecting the "Reply" tab like I did this time.

So I'll just continue to either delete the previous post I'm replying to in this window, or just carry on the same. Doesn't bother me either way. Thanks for the info.

Go Wings.

#16 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:23 PM

Thoughts on the first period of the Detroit end of this series...

Right before Lang's goal, I seriously said, "Oh f*ck, it's Lang." Guess I was wrong.

On the second goal, all four Wings touched the puck, what incredible passing.

#17 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:37 PM

It's been a long time since I have seen a goal that pretty
Posted Image

#18 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:50 PM

And Lalime has been chased to the bench!
Posted Image

#19 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,402 posts

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:59 PM

Heh, even when the 'Hawks score, it's a guy who was a Red Wing at the start of the week getting them on the board.

Catmandu says this is gonna get ugly.

#20 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted March 02, 2007 - 09:16 PM

Can't wait till Bertuzzi is well so he can level guys like Lapointe
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search