• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:27 PM

The Wings have completed a three-team deal with Chicago and Philly.

Jason Williams heads to Chicago, Lasse Kukkonen & a #3 go to the Flyers, Kyle Calder comes to Detroit.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:51 PM

Seems like a lateral move. Calder's stats are quite a bit worse this year but I remember liking him when he was with Chicago. His deal only runs through this season and Williams' was for another year, maybe more financially-motivated? Making another move for someone who wants an extension before accepting a trade?

#3 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:58 PM

Seems like a lateral move. Calder's stats are quite a bit worse this year but I remember liking him when he was with Chicago. His deal only runs through this season and Williams' was for another year, maybe more financially-motivated? Making another move for someone who wants an extension before accepting a trade?

Too early to tell. At this point I'm thinking a 5'11" nobody isn't exactly the man I was dreaming of. I hope he is a transaction player the bigger package. Although, I'm not quite familiar with him, honestly I'm thinking... what the f*ck ever!

Well, looks as though Wings have around 2Mil to play with monetarily at this point. I really am having a hard time believing that we would give up Williams for a Minus 31 player with only 21 points this season. Just doesn't add up!

Go Wings.
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted February 26, 2007 - 11:28 PM

Another slightly interesting thing... griffinshockey.com says that the Wings called up Matt Hussey today. They had already called up Ellis to cover for the injured Cleary, does that mean that Calder won't make it to Chicago tomorrow, is someone else hurt, or is another move coming that would leave the Wings down a forward?

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Too bad we let Willy go, they should have unloaded Lija's sorry A$s
Posted Image

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, but why would Chicago have wanted him?

#7 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:48 PM

I hear that, send him to the moon! Hell Dom at D produces more
Posted Image

#8 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:17 PM

Hasek at D? More like Hasek at Center or Right Wing. Dom gets more time sliding out of his crease than Filppula and Hudler get the entire game! Although I have to admit, It keeps me entertained. I do tend to get nervous when it happens though.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?