• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Looks like most of the media is making a big deal about Shanny's first matchup against the Wings since deciding he didn't want to play for Babcock anymore... moving on to New York for political reasons... deciding that the youth of the Red Wings should take over. I'm interested in seeing whether or not the Wings' defense can shut him down but that's about it.

The first of three games in four nights for Detroit, we'll see how well they kick off the series. Osgood is expected to start one of the three but probably not tonight.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Ugh, couple of mistakes right off the bat and Hasek had to come up big.

Has anyone said whether or not Avery is in the NYR lineup tonight?

Didn't take Shanny long to do some damage.

HASEK YOU f*ckING SACK OF sh*t! Get back in the net and that's a stop but you're out for a damn stroll!

Huge goal by Zetterberg! Smart timing with Datsyuk right at the edge of the crease.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:36 PM

Dom... WTF was that?

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 07:47 PM

Crazy-ass period. Dom finally wakes up and comes up big in the final minute. We'll see if the Wings bounce back for the second.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:57 PM

Hudler with the goal off an odd turnover! I'll be damned if that didn't look a lot like Hasek's move that led to New York's second goal.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:15 PM

Holy sh*t! Cleary!

By phone, Catmandu says, "That's why you throw it at the net, you never know what'll happen."

Edit: I guess Lang did bang that in.

Power play goal! Way to go Zata!

#7 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:56 PM

Hasek gave up a couple of soft goals early, but redeemed himself! Great Effort by the Wings! Great game to watch and bite your fingers nails on. Lang will have bad dreams tonight! The "post" :) should get the 4th star for Rangers!

Looks like most of the media is making a big deal about Shanny's first matchup against the Wings since deciding he didn't want to play for Babcock anymore... moving on to New York for political reasons... deciding that the youth of the Red Wings should take over. I'm interested in seeing whether or not the Wings' defense can shut him down but that's about it.

The first of three games in four nights for Detroit, we'll see how well they kick off the series. Osgood is expected to start one of the three but probably not tonight.

Do you think it was really about Shanny not wanting to play for Babs, or was there more to it! I'm curious cuz I thought Shanny would retire in HockeyTown.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 12:08 AM

Do you think it was really about Shanny not wanting to play for Babs, or was there more to it! I'm curious cuz I thought Shanny would retire in HockeyTown.

I'm pretty sure he was tired of having to play so defensively but that doesn't mean there was really a problem with him and Babcock. That's more just rumor than anything else.

#9 Redwings91

Redwings91

Power Forward

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 10:25 AM

Hi everybody, Im back. Sorry i couldnt post for the last two monts...... Seeems like forever. I have been very busywith everything. how did the game end? I saw the first period and fell asleep because i was so bored with the wings performance. I thought that that was the worst performance i have ever seen by hasek in the first period. Nice goal by zetterburg. I was suprised that babcock didnt put joey mcdonald in after Hasek let in those three weak as goals, but that was entirley his fault because he had NO help.

Anyways it is good to be back and i hope that i can keep posting.

What happened to lang?????????

#10 87firebird

87firebird

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys I just got a quick question. My girlfriend loves shanahan and is a killer wings fan. but we both had to work last night and she was really upset that she didnt get to watch the game. I was surprised that she was actuallly in tears. Do any of you know if there is somewhere online that we could watch the game? It would mean a lot to both of us. thanks

Jay

#11 Redwings91

Redwings91

Power Forward

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 04:53 PM

sure. Go to the link below and that should lead you to the highlights
http://www.detroitre...yer.jsp?id=5685. I tried to find a place to watch it to and this is as close as i could get

Sorry if this isnt what you were looking for

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:04 PM

Eventually it might be available at

http://video.google....1...wings&hl=en

I know Google and the NHL have a deal in place to provide games but I don't know how long it takes for them to get posted or how long they're up for or anything.

ETA: I guess this specific game could also be found at http://video.google....m...o=1&start=0 if/when it's posted.

#13 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 07:50 PM

I missed all of that??????? F*&king RHODE ISLAND BS!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
Posted Image

#14 Redwings91

Redwings91

Power Forward

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 08:05 PM

What did you miss? The game.

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,096 posts

Posted February 06, 2007 - 09:29 PM

What did you miss? The game.

Heh.

A thought from a previous post... I think Babcock kept Hasek in because of who he can be, not how he was playing. Osgood would have been pulled (it happened earlier this season). Over at Rodent's, they expected Hasek to get the hook. I have no faith in the winless-on-his-career MacDonald but that's just me.

#16 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:39 AM

I leave here on Friday and have a total of four days to catch a game
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions