• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted January 04, 2007 - 11:02 PM

Holy crap, first few minutes looked like the Wings were still hungover from Yzerman Night but then they pull out three quick goals. Nabokov goes bye-bye but now Hasek looks like he's getting bored out there and we know how well that can turn out.

Gah! San Jose gets a goal off the shaft of Hasek's stick.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted January 04, 2007 - 11:42 PM

And the Sharks finish their comeback. If that was Holmstrom instead of Brown in the crease, it gets called back. Not that it should, of course.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 12:51 AM

Well, the Wings fell to sh*t. Sure am glad Babcock pulled Hasek after that 8th goal, wouldn't want things to get out of hand or anything. :)

#4 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 10:59 AM

All I can say is WTF????? And I have to buy a new remote control!
Posted Image

#5 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 06:57 PM

I just laugh, because I knew that the sharks weren't done when Detroit had 3 goals on them. Detroit sat back on their heels, they are way to cocky, they always think they have it in the bag. They almost lost to Columbus the same way, only they came back in force. This time, Toskala had them stretching for any kind of offensive power.

As for Hasek, he should have been pulled once the Sharks took the lead on the 4th unanswered goal. This would have shaken things up, and the game possibly would have gone the other way. I mean hell, the Sharks came back when Toskala went in. That should have been a sign for Babcock to try Osgood and make a comeback as well.

I think its safe to say that when Doug Wilson (Shark's GM) reamed the players out, that it gave them something to play for. Maybe Ken Holland should hold a meeting for the Wing's and see if that makes them play a little better. Lidstrom could organize a player's meeting as well, similar to Patrick Marleau. That could spark something as well.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 07:57 PM

I wouldn't even say it was Toskala making them stretch for offense. Once they got back on their heels, the Wings just couldn't get going again. Toskala only faced 18 shots in about 50 minutes of play after the Wings put 12 on Nabokov in the first 10!

Like you say, maybe that will be the wake-up call. They're a veteran team, I'm not sure they need to be reamed out by the GM, but if they do need it I hope it happens.

#7 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 08:41 PM

I'm sure they will be fine against LA tomorrow. It was a fluke I believe.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#8 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted January 05, 2007 - 09:11 PM

If they need an ass chewing I am available to make an appearance in the locker room! :notworthy:
Posted Image

#9 Redwings91

Redwings91

Power Forward

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted January 06, 2007 - 03:55 PM

I just cant believe tha theylost 9-3 . THat is an total embarrassment to the entire red wings association. I cant believe that one of the greatest goalies ever let in 8 goals.

#10 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted January 06, 2007 - 07:00 PM

We have seen this before, there is always at least one game a season where everybody os going WTF? Oh well as long as it does not happen again! :notworthy:
Posted Image

#11 shmuck

shmuck

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted January 06, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hey guys.

If you're looking for more action around the boards, check out these forums. There's a lot of hockey posters here and even more posters to talk about all sports with.

Check it out http://sports-boards.net/

#12 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted January 06, 2007 - 10:03 PM

Do us a favour and leave a post inviting people over here, Thanks!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?