• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:38 PM

Pregame is on and they're referring to Lidstrom as the captain. He's wearing the "A" in warmups. I couldn't see who else had a letter.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:05 PM

Draper and Zetterberg with the "A"s.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:25 PM

5:00 into the season and we've already got reason to scream at the refs. This bodes so well :D

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Ugh, Hasek's not doing it. One game is not a season (and all that crap) but with all the questions and doubts, he needed to start strong.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 08:46 PM

Well that sucked. At least there's the Tigers (and how weird does it seem to say that?).

#6 NorthStar

NorthStar

All-Star

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted October 05, 2006 - 10:17 PM

I did watch the Canucks/Red Wings game on CBC today... was surprised to see Lidstrom with the C on his shirt...I did hear about Chris Chelios being named captain..but Lidstrom is a nice choice..and a good one..

AND I have a massive beef about Hasek!!! Man I think the Red Wings will regret bringing him back....wonder how long till Hasek go down with a groin injury like he did last season (while at the Olympics with the Czech Republic) and never returned after that for the regular season and the playoffs.... I doubt Hasek will last the entire season... who knows??
*2010-11 Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 18-3-0 1st Bobby Hull Division Champs, Jack Riley Trophy as top team in league, IHI finalists*2011-12 Xtreme Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 0-0-0 Bobby Hull Division

#7 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted October 06, 2006 - 02:55 PM

I was happy to see Nick come out with the C and that was where my happiness ended. I heard that the Groinantor goes through this 90 minute stretching workout before each game, however looks like he needs to spend more time learning how to perform in goal! At least Z saved us from being shutout and the powerplay SUCKED!!! They need to get their heads out of there ass and start clicking once again! Hey Clark I am surprised that I did not see the usual "Holy Crap" about the refs :D
Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,076 posts

Posted October 06, 2006 - 03:26 PM

Aside from the horrible goalie interference call, how could I complain with the Wings getting nine power plays? It's not the refs' fault that the Wings sucked at them.

#9 detroitredwings00

detroitredwings00

Grinder

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:12 PM

This is going to be a long season with Hasek and Osgood in goal. Put Stephan Liv in goal. Hes a good goalie

#10 Johnny Polaris

Johnny Polaris

Power Forward

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted October 07, 2006 - 07:41 AM

I had to laugh when the puck went into the corner and Hasek started to make a move in that direction. Redmond said something to the effect of " he's gotta remember he can't do that any more." I thought to myself, hmm.. this could work to our advantage, yeah, one less thing to worry about. Then on the ensuing play the friggin stick goes flying outa his hand and dashed that advantage against the boards. My head hurts already.

#11 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted October 07, 2006 - 10:20 AM

I say fire Hasek and bring up Howard! :D
Posted Image

#12 detroitredwings00

detroitredwings00

Grinder

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted October 07, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Has Howard gotten better since last year? Like I said earlier, put Liv in. Hes good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?